Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Right Feet

Asher really loved his gorilla shoes (which sadly don’t fit any more). I loved that he could put them on by himself which was very helpful while I was hugely pregnant at the time. However he was constantly putting them on the wrong feet. I wish I could blame it on his youth but his father would put them on the wrong feet too. So when the time came to by the next round of shoes I pulled out my fabric paint again and came up with my brilliant solution.
_DSC0065
On the exterior of the shoe I painted matching symbols. They are placed were the aches of his feet will be. Now when he gets his shoes he makes the symbols touch and then puts them on the ground and slips is feet inside. I rarely have to ask him to fix them any more. 
_DSC0063
I cut the symbols out of contact paper and carefully painted the shapes. Once dry, I used a fabric paint pen to outline the stars.
This simple solution has cut down the time it takes us to get out of the house significantly. Let me know if you give it a try.
Ruth

1 comment:

  1. This is very similar to what I did - instead I used the name tags inside his shoe - putting them on the arch side, so they go together. I got this great idea from my mom, who apparently did the same with us!

    Great ideas are timeless!

    ReplyDelete