Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Dirt Bikes and Fungus

We’ve have been getting together every Tuesday (when our older boys are in school) to sew and watch Downton Abbey. This week we had a birthday party to attend by a kid who is obsessed with dirt bikes. Haley had found a cool orange shirt to repurpose for the occasion and I pulled a few shirts from my stash to make some lounge pants to match.

DSC_0845

We thought his mother would get a kick out of the mushroom on the butt of the “I’m a Fun Guy” pants. We did add a few inches to the bottom hem since I made the pattern when the boys were 2. The boys are in underwear now so we didn’t need to change the hip or crotch. 

DSC_0847

Then I wrapped it all up in some stamped paper that I sewed into a box. I also did a tag with a index card and some t-shirt scraps.

DSC_0851

It was fun getting back in the craft room. Special thanks to my awesome cousin Gabriela who watched the babies so we could sew.

Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment