Friday, March 2, 2012

Aprons for Zebras

DSC_0227My son’s preschool class does a lot of baking. At least once a week he comes home with fresh baked goods (more if it’s raining). As a thank you to the school I made his teacher and all his classmates some zebra print aprons. Every class is named after an animal, Asher is in the zebra class, hence the print.
DSC_0230








After cutting the apron shape I did a half inch bias tape trim on the sides and bottom and a 3/4 inch bias trim across the top and around the next. The neck strap attaches to the apron with velcro on one side.
I did three different trims and rolled them up and put them in a little basket to take to school.

DSC_0225
I used this tutorial from Stop Staring and Start Sewing to make the teacher’s apron.
DSC_0235
I am thrilled that the class decided to keep the aprons at school and will now use them when ever they do their baking. Now I just need to make one for myself.
image

2 comments:

  1. The aprons are adorable. I love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was noticing from many days that your blog is helping too many readers as your articles are easy to understand and helpful to us.
    Groomers Aprons

    ReplyDelete