Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Happy Play Doh Day

008 Did you know there is a national holiday for Play Doh? September 16th. Seems like a great excuse to make a giant batch and invite some friends over.  Luckily, my friend Julie gave me her recipe just the other day. I love the texture. All the homemade Play Doh I’ve used in the past has been really grainy but this recipe gave super soft dough without the Play Doh scent. I also have a 12 pack of Wilton food coloring so I kept making it until I ran out of colors.
Want to make your own?
Homemade Play Doh
  • 1 cup Flour
  • 1/2 cup Salt
  • 2 tsp Cream of Tartar
  • 2 Tbs Vegetable oil
  • 1 cup of water dyed with food coloring
Mix everything together in a Non-stick pot (Seriously use non stick. Trust me) Stir over medium heat. It will look really soupy when you start but then suddenly it will come together. When it clumps into a ball dump it onto a cutting board to cool.
012 
Ash’s attention is only a few minutes but I could play with this stuff for hours. Have fun!!!



Linking to:


Ruth

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this! I was just thinking of making some play dough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are gorgeous! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete